Everyone has the interest in saving cash, but most of us tend to buy the things we want more when we’re out, than what we actually need. The people that save money the best are those that are frugal spenders. Those that look for the cheaper version of the more expensive brand that is just as good as the original. Those that look for ways to save instead of ways to spend. We waste a lot of money on things just because they are cute and they are there, but if we hadn’t ever seen it we wouldn’t have purchased them in the first place. I used to be really guilty about this one. I would walk in the store for one thing and pick up a few other items that I liked while I was there and then would get home and return them the next day because I felt like I wasted my money because I knew I didn’t need them. So to avoid the headache of all that, let’s talk about ways to save!
- Create a budget.
- Have a meal plan.
- Buy in bulk.
- Shop in season.
- Eat less meat.
- Use cash back apps.
- Use less water.
- DIY home maintenance.
- Use credit wisely.
- Shop in season.
- Buy generic.
- Make a grocery list.
- Make coffee at home.
- Cut your own hair.
- Don’t window shop.
- Spend cash.
- Trim down cable.
- Use coupons.
- Run full loads of laundry.
- Unsubscribe from emails.
- Shop at thrift stores.
- Shop at yard sales.
- Invite friends over instead of going out. Everyone can bring a dish.
- Workout at home and avoid expensive gym memberships.
- Avoid buying bottled water.
- Eat in.
- Bring snacks and water bottles when you leave home to avoid stopping at a convenience store and spending more money.
- Make pizza at home instead of getting takeout.
- Get rid of debt.
- Bike or walk.
- Use public transportation if you have it available to you.
- Shop at the farmer’s market.
- Buy used.
- Shop at consignment shops.
- Make a chart to visualize your savings and goals. Let it be a motivator!
- Shop around for different insurance rates.
- Cancel cable and use Netflix or Hulu.
- Take shorter showers
- Take a look at your cell phone plan to see if you’re able to cut back.
- Check community event calendars instead of going out paying for entertainment.
- Replace paper towels with microfiber towels.
- Invest in a deep freezer.
- Purchase meat at a great price and freeze until you’re ready to cook it.
- Shop with a list. Don’t shop for fun.
- Track spending habits.
- Go out to lunch instead of dinner. Dinner prices at restaurants are usually more expensive than the lunch menu.
- Shop at Aldi or discount grocery stores.
- Most people will hate this one, but make alcohol a treat, not a daily thing.
- Don’t waste leftovers. Pack them for tomorrow’s lunch!
- Don’t pay for music. Use Pandora! If you have Prime, definitely check out Amazon music.
RELATED: How to Save Money When You’re BROKE!
Are you a frugal spender? If so, share with me the ways you save!
Ready to make bedtime with your baby a success?
Our For The Love of Sleep bedtime routine checklist will show you exactly what steps to take to quickly begin creating a simple bedtime routine to help your baby settle down quicker at night for a better night's sleep!
Juanita is a hard-working lady that decided to take a leap of faith, and pursue her passion for blogging! This blog has changed her life in many ways, by providing her the opportunity to help others when they need it most! Her ultimate goal is to help Moms find balance in the midst of trying to juggle it all! Check out the “About” tab above to learn more about her!