Who would’ve guessed that bacon wrapped shrimp would be so good? I know I sure didn’t! I actually had never even heard of it until fairly recently and after tweaking the recipe a little to my liking, I thought it was SO yummy!
Depending on how many people you are cooking for, determines how many pieces of shrimp and bacon you’ll need. In the past I’ve only cooked these as a small appetizer dish, serving about 4 people, but of course you could cook more and serve a larger crowd.
Sit back and let’s discuss all of the ingredients that you’ll need to make this appetizer dish happen!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 16 Jumbo Shrimp Peeled & Deveined You can leave the tails on if you wish, but I usually take them off. I think it just makes the dish a little more enjoyable. (Fun fact: I also hate when I go to a restaurant and order a dish with shrimp in it and have to sit there and pull off all the tails before I can begin eating my meal!)
- 8 strips Bacon The strips of bacon should be cut in half lengthwise.
- /4 cup Melted Butter Style Shortening
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: Sometimes people tend to throw in optional ingredients. I have had bacon wrapped shrimp where lemon juice was used as well. It wasn’t my favorite choice, but hey, to each their own!
- Once you have gathered your ingredients, turn on the broiler on your oven to let the oven heat. During this time, I usually begin preparing the shrimp. By preparing the shrimp I mean begin wrapping one half slice of bacon around each piece of shrimp and securing it with a toothpick. Also, don’t forget to make sure your toothpick is wooden! Sounds simple, but in explaining this recipe in the past, I left that step out and, well, you can probably guess what happened, ha!
- Next, I just place the melted shortening into a mixing bowl and add the parmesan cheese until it has blended together. Here is where you add the salt and pepper! Once blended, I either dip my shrimp in gently or brush each piece thoroughly with the shortening and cheese.
- Once I have placed the sauce on my shrimp, I lay them out in a single layer on a broiler plan and broil until the bacon is crisp. This actually doesn’t take very long, maybe 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Once complete, you should have enough to serve 4 guests! This is a tasty quick appetizer dish that would be perfect for football Sundays, baby showers, or any fun event where you just need to whip a meal up really quick. It’s super quick, and very tasty!
I don’t know about you, but I love quick dishes like this that are easy to do and don’t cause too much of a mess in the kitchen. C’mon, give it a try and let me know what you think!
Juanita is a hard-working lady that decided to take a leap of faith, and pursue her passion for blogging! This blog has changed her life in many ways, by providing her the opportunity to help others when they need it most! Her ultimate goal is to help Moms find balance in the midst of trying to juggle it all! Check out the “About” tab above to learn more about her!
Ready to have your baby settle down for bed
without the fuss?
Our For The Love of Sleep bedtime routine checklist will show you exactly what steps to take to quickly begin creating a simple bedtime routine to help your baby settle down quicker at night without the tears!